What Is a Household Manager?
We know that as parents, you might be too busy to manage your household responsibilities. That’s why we have professional and detail-oriented household managers that can be an excellent fit for your family. A household manager is there to help you, from managing your household to administering monthly expenses. They are an excellent resource for busy individuals and families since house managers are trained to handle all aspects of managing a home.
Once you find the right household manager, they can tailor their services to your needs since their job is to manage all aspects of your home to run smoothly. A household manager’s job description and duties will vary. The list below, though not all-inclusive, shows some household managers’ responsibilities.
• Providing administrative services such as managing the household’s schedules, calendars, event planning, organizing, and coordination
• Arranging appointments for personal and professional needs
• Oversight of an employer’s finances and valuables
• Meal planning
• Coordinating care for pets or children
• Scheduling home maintenance and repair work and supervising the project
• Chores such as laundry, light housekeeping
• Supervision of other household staff, such as housekeepers, private chefs, nannies, or governesses
• Shopping for food, supplies, and other requested items
However, to have clear communication and avoid misunderstanding, it is best to have a contract between you and the household manager stating their duties and responsibilities. All our household managers go through the same screening process as our nannies, such as:
• Past employment verification
• Sexual offender database check
• In-depth employment reference checks (3+ references)
• National criminal history check
• Legal work status verification
• Motor vehicle histories
• Driver’s license check
• Current CPR, First Aid & AED Training
• Household managers contract
• Confidential Agreement
Remember, a household manager is there to make your life easier for your household. So that you can devote yourself to your family, if you need more information, please feel free to contact us.